Send Jack Bauer to Gitmo

October 10th, 2007 Visited 1715 times, 1 so far today

Yahoo news reports that Keifer Sutherland (AKA Jack Bauer on the hit television show 24) has been sentenced to serve 48 days in prison for a DUI arrest.

Personally, I think that there should be a deal struck where Keifer could serve fewer days, but has to serve them at Guantanamo Bay– where we’re storing our captured Al Queda terrorists. I also think, as part of this, that they should be playing 24 episodes around the clock so that when he shows up the terrorists would recognize him and automatically confess.

Of course, if this were the show, the question would more likely be how long until the President comes in to pardon Jack for all his crimes. I don’t think Keifer will be as lucky.

Comments

• bonnie says on: October 10, 2007 at 11:51 am

That’s a hilarious idea. I totally wish it’d work.

• Colleen says on: October 10, 2007 at 1:01 pm

Funny, Min. I’d heard about his “situation” this morning at the gym. This is his 2nd DUI, so I’m sure what you proposed would correct any other disruptive behavior.

• MInTheGap says on: October 10, 2007 at 1:27 pm

And there’s the whole subtext to this story: Is it more “celebrity justice” or just a guy that put others before himself?

• Bob says on: October 10, 2007 at 2:30 pm

This is a terrorist plot to frame Jack. He had to “go along with the plan” otherwise Chinese ninja agents would have killed his daughter. Cloie already has a satellite illegally positioned over his prison cell.

On another note: The wooden background to this site has to GO!!! I do like the top red banner. πŸ™‚

• bonnie says on: October 10, 2007 at 3:19 pm

I love the woodwork. Bob, maybe you should GO (ha ha; just kidding).

• Leticia says on: October 10, 2007 at 4:15 pm

That would be interesting.

I have never seen the show, but my sister is a huge fan.

• Holly says on: October 11, 2007 at 1:15 am

Ah, GREAT idea! πŸ™‚

• MInTheGap says on: October 11, 2007 at 8:15 am

It’s the first thing that came to mind– I mean, I’m sure he’ll get people asking for signatures in the county pen, why not send him where they can use the character?

• Bob says on: October 11, 2007 at 8:29 am

Maybe Fox is test marketing a new reality Jack Bauer 24 show. This new reality could finally solve some of life’s most important questions like when does Jack ever have time go to the bathroom? Never once in 5 seasons of a 24 hour window into his life has he ever gone to the bathroom!

To Bonnie: :'( I am sooo hurt…(haha jk)

• MInTheGap says on: October 11, 2007 at 9:29 am

Oh come on– I think it was Season 2 that he left Audrey with her husband while he went to the bathroom. Everyone knows that.

• Bob says on: October 11, 2007 at 11:59 am

“He’s never taken a potty break on 24”

• Bob says on: October 11, 2007 at 12:02 pm

I have the link to that blog where I took that quote but the code on this site is filtering it.

• Stephen Kingston says on: October 12, 2007 at 4:59 am

On a point of order πŸ™‚

The people being held in Guantanamo bay have never been tried, and would be incapable now of mounting a fair defence. Therefore in legal doctrine they are innocent – not “captured al Qaeida terrorists”. Indeed many of them clearly had nothing to do with al Qaeida at all.

At least we know that Kiefer Sutherland was guilty of a crime!

• MInTheGap says on: October 12, 2007 at 8:04 am

Understood. Perhaps a more accurate rephrase would be to say that some of the captured detainees there are Al Queda terrorists that could confess, rather than saying that they all are.

Oh, BTW– Nice to have you back, Stephen. We’ve missed you.