Are You Ready for Gas Under $3.00?

October 13th, 2008 Visited 1367 times, 1 so far today

Sometime Ago

One of the good things about the weakening economy, at least for us Americans, is that it’s helped to strengthen the Dollar, as compared to other currencies.  That, mixed with less demand for gasoline has created the biggest drop ever.

The national average price for self-serve, regular unleaded gas fell 35.03 cents to $3.3079 a gallon on Oct. 10 from $3.6582 two weeks earlier, according to the nationwide Lundberg Survey.

I’ve seen this my area, as I saw local prices as low as $3.25 a gallon—if you paid cash.

Markets have a way of correcting themselves.  People react to high prices by buying less, the price goes down.  To some extent, this is also what I expect in the banking industry.  Things will recover, unless we mess it up.

Comments

• Holly says on: October 13, 2008 at 9:33 am

It’s $2.80 here in Indiana.

Hollys last blog post..Sarah Palin on abortion

• MInTheGap says on: October 13, 2008 at 10:57 am

@Holly: Crazy. The predictions were that we’d have $5.00 a gallon if not more by the end of the year. Instead, we might make $2.00.

• Natalie says on: October 13, 2008 at 11:55 am

I’m jealous of all of you. Here in NC, we’re still at $3.70 (it was $3.90 just a week ago) – and that’s if you can even FIND gas to begin with. Regular isn’t too hard to find (thank goodness, that’s what I use), but the mid-grade and premium fuels are only at about 1 out of every 10 gas stations.

From what I understand, we’ve got the highest prices in the continental U.S. with prices coming in at $.32 above the national average, even though we’re typically $.10 under. I have no idea what is going on here in North Carolina – I’ve asked around, and while people just tell me we have a shortage, they can’t tell me why it’s NC and no one else.

• Kari says on: October 13, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Bought gas for 2.79 a gallon the other day outside of Richmond, VA!

• Rachel says on: October 13, 2008 at 8:40 pm

$2.99 here. Woo hoo!

Rachels last blog post..SOAP: Hebrews 1:2B – The Heir

• Mrs.MegLogan says on: October 14, 2008 at 6:53 pm

Min,

i just say 2.99 a gallon up the street… I nearly drove in to get some, except I had a full tank!

Mrs.MegLogan